Tips to cut down on false alarms in Abilene
False alarms are a real problem for home security systems. They're not only costly and time-consuming, but they may lower the faith you have in your equipment. Fortunately, you can do some things to minimize false alarms from your Abilene security system.
First, be sure that everything is set up as intended. This will probably seem like common sense, but it frequently happens that simple user errors lead to false alarms. Secondly, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, including entry points that might be left open inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to use the extra features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Abilene.
Is it really that simple? Read on and discover for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Abilene?
Just like you would address any concern, the first thing to do is review the owner’s instruction booklet. Be certain that all devices are connected properly on your end by:
- Performing a checkup through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically evaluate each component to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Look over your scheduling to be certain that your home’s security isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart implements are configured correctly and aren't interfering with your alarms.
Contact your Vivint agent if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Abilene home. They'll be happy to schedule a trained expert to check your equipment.
Inspect your entry points
If your system seems to be alright, the next course of action is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your entries tightly secured, or are any accidentally ajar? If an entrance stays unlatched, it may activate a motion sensor. If your family consistently forgets to shut an entrance, you could install a smart locking system that secures automatically when your system is activated. Sadly, windows take more physical effort, especially if you have a family member who likes to sleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint home security system makes it simple to disengage that device while still shielding the rest of the property.
Smart home automation is a great method to cut down on false alarms in Abilene
One of the most effective ways to reduce the probability of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. With your security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that result from accidentally unlatching an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again after dark when you’re asleep.
- Set your home security to deactivate whenever your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the correct number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you exit the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get mobile alerts when your implements notice unusual motion or need a battery change.
- Link your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you can disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Abilene by switching to a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, contact (325) 378-0098 or complete the following form.