Daily deliveries have become commonplace for countless residents thanks to the emergence of online shopping. You enjoy the convenience of having packages delivered at your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes on your doorstep are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a real issue, but you can do something about it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to dissuade package theft, but they do significantly more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be a crucial aspect of your smart home.
Benefits of a Abilene video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a great number of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You can now set up detection zones, speak to individuals at your door, and obtain real-time updates whenever an item is dropped off.
The easiest way to find out how a Abilene video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it offers. Take a look at the following features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring burglary with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your entry and items on the ground. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution streams any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the point of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will give you incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You are able to receive automatic updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and packages.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Bi-directional audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You can even use this beneficial feature to frighten off people hanging around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will help you reduce false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the option to see real-time and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you may access them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even allow you to speak with the person at your door. These devices have turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.